Are you a Geek? Here’s a great way to give back!
If you’re computer savvy, your skills can help older adults stay connected to friends and family.
Become a volunteer computer technician for Help@Home and give basic computer support to older adults in our community. As a volunteer, you provide in-home and remote-access computer troubleshooting that helps older adults stay connected with friends and family. Common tasks include running anti-malware applications, resetting wireless routers, and setting up new computers.
Here are just a few reasons why you will love being a volunteer computer tech:
- Choose when, where, and who you work for.
- Flexible commitment – help out for as little as an hour a month!
- Gain valuable experience to strengthen your resume.
- You’ll be giving back to the community.
- And most importantly, you’ll be providing a tangible service to older adults in our community.
If becoming a Help@Home volunteer sounds like a good fit for you, or for more information contact Volunteer Engagement at (913)730-1410 or email@example.com.
Start the volunteer application process online here.
Not a geek, but want to give back too? Help@Home also needs volunteer handymen (and women!) to make minor home repairs that keep older adults safe and independent. Click here for more information!
For a full list of volunteer opportunities at Jewish Family Services, click here.