Jewish Family Services (JFS) supports and strengthens lives throughout Greater Kansas City. We provide essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis — regardless of faith, age, culture or lifestyle.
Food and Shelter Program Manager, Position description:
Full-time position providing social work services and management of the agency’s Food & Shelter program. JFS Food & Shelter program provides an evolving suite of coordinated social work, employment, financial, and nutrition support services to help families meet immediate needs, and improve their quality of life. We are in the process of reimagining our services and the ideal candidate is a licensed social worker with demonstrated effectiveness in innovative program management.
- A “change agent”, leading implementation of innovative, best-practices to build skills and capabilities and improve the quality of life for low-income families
- Active coordination and collaboration with allied agency programs and services
- Connecting and partnering with other relevant community partners and resources
- Promote and enable a warm and supportive relationship with families accessing services. Implement client-centered, trauma-informed, stage-based interventions with families
- Supervise and encourage best practices of Food & Shelter staff
- Direct work with families including assessment, case management, financial coaching and education, goal setting, problem solving, information and referral
- Oversee and guide quality assurance, compliance, program performance and outcome metrics
- Document all participant services in accordance with agency procedure and policy
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- MSW or BSW – MO licensed social worker preferred
- Demonstrated innovative program management skill and experience (3 – 5 years preferred)
- Demonstrated social work skill and experience
- Strong assessment and planning skills
- Knowledge of and/or experience with best practices in support of low-income families
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and electronic client database
- Strong organizational, oral, and written skills
- Work well independently and in a team
To apply for this position please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Richard Odiam at email@example.com. Please respond by March 30, 2018 for consideration.
Contract Counseling Position, Position Description:
JFS Counseling Department is looking for a part-time contract therapist to provide assessment and outpatient therapy to individuals and families across the lifespan. Requires MO licensure as a LPC, LCSW or LMFT.
- Complete comprehensive assessment and treatment planning for clients using electronic record.
- Provide evidence-based individual or family psychotherapy, typically on a weekly basis
- Coordinate with other providers as appropriate
- Document all clinical transactions in accordance with agency policy and procedure
- Refer to other departments within and outside of JFS as needed
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- An interest in working collaboratively with JFS counseling team and staff
- At least two years of mental health experience
- Strong assessment and treatment planning skills
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness with evidenced based approaches
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and client database
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to Debra Orbuch Grayson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or FAX’s please.