Position: Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Development
Position Summary: The Development Associate serves on the development team and shares responsibilities for achieving the agency’s fundraising goals by assisting the team in growing development resources.
Scope and Impact: The Development Associate will be responsible for the management of all components of donor data and stewardship. Additionally, this position will collaborate with colleagues on additional development initiatives including annual giving campaigns and special events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and maintain cleanliness and accuracy of donor database, currently eTapestry.
- Oversee gift management – including gift entry, letters, pledge reminders and tax statements.
- Create and manage all data reporting for executive and development teams.
- In coordination with development team, create and manage stewardship and communication activities and mailings.
- Conduct preliminary research on current and prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Coordinate production of various campaign and event materials.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials, and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Serve as a liaison between donors and agency to engage donors in meaningful relationships with JFS
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in database software, preferably eTapestry and/or Raisers Edge
- Broad knowledge of fundraising activities and themes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated initiative and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Respect for cultural diversity
To apply for this position please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Vanessa Herring, Development Director. Please no phone calls or faxed resumes.