Are you handy around the house? You can make a world of difference to older adults in our community!
Lots of older adults want to live independently in their own homes, and need just a little help keeping their homes safe and comfortable.
If you can:
- Patch drywall
- Replace showerheads
- Repair leaky faucets
- Grout and caulk
- Assemble furniture
- Change lightbulbs
- Hang pictures
- Replace smoke detector batteries
Then you can help older adults age safely in the comfort of their own homes!
As a volunteer handyman (or woman!) for Help@Home, you can help older adults continue to live independently. No matter your experience, you have skills that can make a real difference in the life of an older adult – from repairing doorbells to hanging window shades, there is a place for handy volunteers at any skill level.
Here are just a few reasons why you will love volunteering with Help@Home:
- Choose when, where, and who you work for
- Flexible commitment – as little as an hour a month!
- Put your skills and expertise to good use
- Receive mileage reimbursement
- You’ll help strengthen the community
- Most importantly, you’ll be providing a tangible service to older adults in our community
If you would like to use your skill and experience to keep older adults safe and independent, or for more information call 913-730-1410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.