Let Help@Home Keep You in Your Home and Independent
Help@Home is a membership-based, fee-based* program which provides high quality, dependable minor home repairs and access to a variety of other services needed to help older adults maintain their independence. Our Community Handymen are there to serve our members’ needs 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Minor home repairs
- Chore services
- One-on-one computer troubleshooting
- Home organizing
- Annual home safety assessment with a licensed occupational therapist
- Information and Referral services through our JFS case managers
- Educational programs throughout the year
- Free membership in Johnson County Community College’s Brown & Gold Club
- Discounted monthly fee for Home for Life Solutions – an electronic safety and assurance service offered through John Knox Village
We now have two different “aging in place” programs to fit your needs: Help@Home offers minor home repairs for needs which might include fixing your toilet, grouting and weatherizing. We also offer chore services, computer troubleshooting, home organizing and home safety assessments. All of these services are accessible to those who live in their own homes, or to those who live in residences that do not provide minor home repair support.
Help@Home Lite was developed for those who live in residences that do provide minor home repair support, but not chore services such as changing light bulbs, hanging photos and assembling furniture. We also offer computer troubleshooting, home organizing and home safety assessments.
Our affordable fees are assessed on a sliding scale ranging from $5 to $79 per month (based on income) and include ALL of your labor charges.
Help@Home is made possible through the generous financial support of:
- Abe & Anna Bograd Memorial Trust
- Ina Calkins Trust at Bank of America
- Barton P. & Mary D. Cohen Charitable Trust
- Frank & Margaret G. McGee Fund
- The George H. Nettleton Home
- Oppenstein Brothers Foundation at Commerce Bank
- Flo Harris Foundation & the Wilk Family Philanthropic Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation
- H&R Block Foundation
- Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- Jewish Heritage Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- Menorah Legacy Foundation
- United Way
To view a Help@Home brochure, click here
*Jewish Family Services never wants financial need to prevent participation in Help@Home or Help@Home Lite; financial grants are available.
To hear an interview with one of our satisfied Help@Home members just click here.