Let Help@Home Keep You in Your Home and Independent
Help@Home is a membership-based, fee-based* program which provides high quality, dependable minor home repairs and access to a variety of other services needed to help older adults maintain their independence. Our Community Handymen are there to serve our members’ needs 24 hours, a day 7 days a week.
- Minor home repairs
- Chore services
- One-on-one computer troubleshooting
- Home organizing
- Annual home safety assessment with a licensed occupational therapist
- Information and Referral services through our JFS case managers
- Educational programs throughout the year
We now have two different “aging in place” programs to fit your needs: Help@Home offers minor home repairs for needs which might include fixing your toilet, grouting and weatherizing. We also offer chore services, computer troubleshooting, home organizing and home safety assessments. All of these services are accessible to those who live in their own homes, or to those who live in residences that do not provide minor home repair support.
Help@Home’s affordable fee is assessed on a sliding scale ranging from $5 to $85 per month (based on household income) and include ALL of your labor charges.
Help@Home Lite was developed for those who live in residences that do provide minor home repair support, but not chore services such as changing light bulbs, hanging photos and assembling furniture. We also offer computer troubleshooting, home organizing and home safety assessments.
Help@Home Lite’s affordable fee is assessed on a sliding scale ranging from $5 to $49 per month (based on household income) and include ALL of your labor charges.
Help@Home is made possible through the generous financial support of:
- Abe & Anna Bograd Memorial Trust
- Ina Calkins Trust at Bank of America
- Barton P. & Mary D. Cohen Charitable Trust
- Frank & Margaret G. McGee Fund
- The George H. Nettleton Home
- Oppenstein Brothers Foundation at Commerce Bank
- Flo Harris Foundation, Community Legacy Fund, & the Wilk Family Philanthropic Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation
- Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- Jewish Heritage Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- William G. McGowan Charitable Fund
- Menorah Legacy Foundation
- May & Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
- Truman Heartland Community Foundation
- United Way
For more information about both of these programs, please contact Sondra Atherly, Older Adult Initiatives Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-327-8265.
Holiday Hours: Help@Home 2016 holiday calendar
To view brochure at Help@Home 2014 Brochure
To Volunteer for one of our Help@Home programs click here.
*Jewish Family Services never wants financial need to prevent participation in Help@Home or Help@Home Lite; financial grants are available.
To hear an interview with one of our satisfied Help@Home members just click here.