We have a variety of ways you can help ensure families in our community enjoy the holidays.
- We always need volunteers to help us package food and gifts, and then drivers to deliver them. Delivering gifts to older adults and families is another way that families can spend time together and practice tikun olam.
- Adopting a family or an older adult is a mitzvah and a lot of fun. With the help of a wish list filled out by the individual or family, you shop for someone who will truly appreciate your efforts.
- Wrapping gifts for over 300 people could not be done without the help of JFS volunteers. The Chanukah Gift Wrap Party is always fun and the whole family can participate.
Donate Needed Items: As holiday time approaches, JFS publishes lists of needed items from kosher-for-Passover foods to Chanukah gifts to Shabbat candles and other items.
Offer financial support: Your generous support of the project enables families and individuals to continue their holiday traditions. Gift cards for grocery stores are always welcome, as are cash donations. Donations can be mailed to the JFS office, 5801 West 115th Street Suite 103, Overland Park, KS 66211 or you can donate on-line here.
Specific Passover volunteer opportunities include:
- Bag produce and non-perishable items for delivery. Thursday March 21 volunteers are needed from 10:30 a.m. – Noon to bag produce, and 2 – 3:30 p.m. to package non-perishable items for deliveries.
- This year, the majority of Passover recipients will come to the JFS Food Pantry and shop for their items; volunteers are needed to assist with check-in, shopping, bagging, and carry out – both teen and adult volunteers are welcome! Passover shopping days are Friday, March 22nd, Sunday March 24th and Monday, March 25th from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. – volunteer shifts are two and a half hours each.
- Deliver Passover packages to the families! We are looking for volunteer drivers to deliver to 2 – 4 residences on Sunday, March 24th and Monday, March 25th from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – this is a great opportunities for families!
To volunteer for Holiday Projects, please email email@example.com or at 913-730-1410.