Giving hope and healing lives.
All JFS programs offer individualized support. When group settings are not appropriate, professional, licensed social workers and therapists provide individual counseling for children, families, and adults. In-home counseling is available for homebound seniors.
Counseling for Children and Families
Counseling is designed to strengthen the family unit and improve children’s success at home, school, and in the community. Services include individual and family therapy, parent education, classroom observations and teacher and parent consultation. Counseling may address concerns such as:
- effective parenting and response patterns
- social behavior and development
- a child’s emotional well-being
- depression and anxiety
- effective communication skills
- identifying and expressing feelings
- appropriate coping skills
- JFS also offers Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), a proven family therapy that coaches parents on ways to use positive reinforcement to manage children’s behaviors and emotions. Learn more about PCIT and how it may benefit you and your family: PCIT.For more information and to make an appointment, call 913-327-8253 or email email@example.com.
Counseling for Adults
JFS offers a wide array of integrative therapies and services for adults. Clinicians provide high quality individual, marriage/family, and group counseling. Our experience includes both cognitive-behavioral treatments and other integrative therapies to assist with:
- school & performance anxiety
- behavioral problems
- relationship difficulties
- substance abuse
- mental illness
- family discord
- life transitions
- grief & loss
- spiritual struggles
To inquire about counseling services or to schedule an appointment, contact the JFS Navigator at 913-327-8250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-home Counseling for Older Adults
JFS brings the expertise of our professional counseling staff into the comfort of your home. Our older adult care managers bring experience working with older adults and the issues of aging.