VIRTUAL EVENT with two options to attend!
Tuesday, November 17th from 11:30am–12:30pm
or Tuesday, November 17th from 6:00–7:00pm
This event is being held on Zoom. Please register here to receive the Zoom link.
Who this is for: all volunteers welcome! This program will be geared toward current JFS volunteers and potential volunteers.
What you'll learn:
- How COVID-19 has impacted our older adults, how challenges have evolved since March, and what winter may look like for them.
- How current and interested volunteers time and efforts are extremely important and impactful, especially as they go into winter
- How to identify isolation vs. loneliness and how we can connect clients to the resources they need through JFS
JFS Volunteer Opportunities:
- Calling Connections
- Zoom/virtual check-ins/calling with older adults who are practicing using new devices through the JFS Tech Connect Program
- JET driving (with extra COVID-19 safety measures)
- Spiritual Care Pen Pals