JETTM Express Drivers Needed!
It’s so much more than just a ride.
Older adults in our community who are no longer able to drive need your help! Become a volunteer driver for JET Express and provide older adults with rides to medical appointments, the hair salon, grocery store, volunteer opportunities, anywhere that keeps older adults healthy, active, and independent. Giving rides keeps older adults safe and gives a valuable sense of community and independence.
A few reasons why you’ll love driving for JET Express:
- Choose when you drive, where you drive, and who you drive.
- Flexible commitment – drive as little as once a month.
- Easily choose your rides online.
- Receive mileage reimbursement.
- We provide secondary auto insurance.
- You will directly impact the lives of older adults in our community.
- You just might form some meaningful friendships along the way!
JET Express Volunteer Requirements:
- Age 21+
- Pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Report
- Volunteers over the age of 75 must get a physician’s statement on an annual basis*
- Volunteers over the age of 80 must get a physician’s statement on an annual basis and have a driving assessment done at the volunteer’s cost*
*Please contact the JFS Volunteer Engagement at 913-730-1410 or email@example.com.
If becoming a volunteer driver sounds like a good fit, complete the online volunteer application. Or contact Volunteer Engagement at (913) 730-1410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.