Whether you want to spend more time enjoying activities other than home repairs and household chores or are no longer able to perform such tasks, Help@Home is here for you. No job too small!
Help@Home is a membership-based program available to adults ages 60 and older or adults with disabilities who live in portions of Jackson County, MO and Johnson County, KS. View service area map.
All Members Enjoy:
Peace of mind knowing high quality work is performed by skilled, reliable and trained professionals
- Help@Home professionals on call for emergencies
- Unlimited appointments – scheduled in two-hour increments
- Annual in-home consultation with an occupational therapist to assess modifications including safety improvements
- Weather stripping
- Installing locks and deadbolts
- Assembling furniture
- Installing faucets, garbage disposals and making minor sink repairs
- Changing light bulbs and smoke detector batteries
- Installing grab bars
- Replacing toilet flappers, handles and other mechanisms; changing toilet seats
- Repairing screen doors, storm doors, windows & screens
- Kitchen & bathroom caulking
- Hanging pictures, bird feeders, hooks, mirrors, etc.
- Gutter cleaning once a year (offered mid-March to mid-May)
Common Technology Services
Primarily offered by volunteers
- Setting up new computers & printer
- Basic computer troubleshooting
- Internet connection not working
- Problems with email programs
- Website questions
- Printer/fax/ scanner problems
- Basic computer/Windows training
Services Currently NOT Provided include electrical work related to new wiring or working inside breaker panels; plumbing work related to repairing or repairing copper lines, resetting or replacing toilets; Outside: no work related to replacing decks and ramps, yard work, car repairs, lawn mower repairs or pest control.
For a complete list of Help@Home Services, view Total Services Combined List
3 Levels of Membership
Membership fees are based on a sliding scale. Based on your income, these rates may be significantly reduced. View Sliding Scale Rates here
For Homeowners: $90 a month for 12 months; discount for paying annual membership upfront.
For Renters: $50 a month for 12 months
For adults who need short-term help transitioning home from a rehabilitation center or hospital: $150 a month for 3 months. Membership includes modifications to your home completed prior to discharge and a dedicated professional social worker. The perfect plan when you’re ready and able to regain your independence.
SAFETY MESSAGE: All Help@Home team members are regularly tested for COVID-19 and follow strict health and safety guidelines while working in your home.
*Jewish Family Services never wants financial need to prevent participation in Help@Home or Help@Home Lite; confidential financial assistance is available.
Download Help@Home Application
Are you a computer techie or handy around the house? Become a Volunteer for one of our Help@Home programs. Learn more at Help at Home Volunteer