JFS Help@Home Buys Peace of Mind
Help@Home is a membership-based program available to adults ages 60 and older or adults with disabilities who live in portions of Jackson County, MO and Johnson County, KS. View service area map.
Whether you want to spend more time enjoying activities other than home repairs and household chores or are no longer able to perform such tasks, Help@Home is here for you. No job is too small! You'll love the peace of mind knowing high quality work is performed by skilled, reliable and trained professionals.
Common Repairs & Chores
- Weather stripping
- Installing locks and deadbolts
- Assembling furniture
- Installing faucets, garbage disposals and making minor sink repairs
- Changing light bulbs and smoke detector batteries
- Installing grab bars
- Replacing toilet flappers, handles and other mechanisms; changing toilet seats
- Repairing screen doors, storm doors, windows & screens
- Kitchen & bathroom caulking
- Hanging pictures, bird feeders, hooks, mirrors, etc.
- Gutter cleaning once a year (offered mid-March to mid-May)
Common Technology Services
- Setting up new computers & printer
- Basic computer troubleshooting
- Internet connection not working
- Problems with email programs
- Website questions
- Printer/fax/scanner problems
- Basic computer/Windows training
- Services above primarily offered by volunteers
Not Currently Provided
- Electrical: new wiring or working inside breaker panels
- Plumbing: repairing or replacing copper lines, resetting or replacing toilets
- Outside: replacing decks/ramps, yard work, vehicle repairs, or pest control.
Three Levels of Membership
Membership fees are based on a sliding scale. Based on your income, these rates may be significantly reduced. View sliding scale rates here.
All Help@Home Members Enjoy:
- Help@Home professionals on call for emergencies
- Unlimited appointments – scheduled in two-hour increments
- Annual in-home consultation with an occupational therapist to assess modifications including safety improvements
Discount offered for paying annual membership upfront
Help@Home LiteFor Renters
Help@Home NowFor Short-Term Help
For adults who need short-term help transitioning home from a rehabilitation center or hospital
Modifications to your home completed prior to discharge
Dedicated professional social worker
Perfect for when you're ready and able to regain your independence
*Jewish Family Services never wants financial need to prevent participation in Help@Home or Help@Home Lite; confidential financial assistance is available.