Doing Your Part to Help!
Hunger and food insecurity are prevalent throughout Jackson and Johnson counties. You may not know:
- 24% of local families with children struggle to put food on the table.
- Many families do not qualify for federal assistance, or their benefits are limited.
- Government assistance often doesn’t cover household and personal hygiene items.
- The JFS pantries offer fresh produce, dairy items, and even pet food.
- Each month JFS distributes over 22,000 pounds of food to nearly 400 families.
- In 2017, that equated to 194,928 meals for our neighbors in need!
Your help is critical. Food drives provide the greatest variety and choice for approximately 400 families each month. JFS relies on food drives for 50% of the food distributed each month. Your donations go directly to people in our community, regardless of religion. There is no middleman or bureaucratic distribution process.
It’s fun and easy to sponsor a Food Drive at your workplace, school, place of worship or in the community. The possibilities are endless and we are here to support you with marketing materials, donation barrels and ideas!
Call Jo Hickey, Pantry Director at 913-327-8257 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to schedule the delivery or pickup of your donation barrels.
Access printable marketing materials and hunger education information in the Online Toolkit.
Ready to schedule your drive?
Group opportunities are available to sort your donations, take a pantry tour and more. Call us to discuss possibilities for your business or organization.
- Consider a Charitable Birthday Party or family event with food replacing gifts
- Start a community food collection with neighbors or family
- Plan a community service or B’nai Mitzvah Project
- Plan a scavenger hunt to a local grocery store with food going to the Pantry