Doing Your Part to Help!
Hunger and food insecurity are prevalent throughout the metropolitan area. You may not know:
- 24% of local families with children struggle to put food on the table.
- Many families do not qualify for federal assistance or their benefits are limited.
- Government assistance often doesn’t cover household and personal hygiene items.
- The JFS pantries offer fresh produce, dairy items and even pet food.
- Each month, JFS distributes over 55,000 pounds of food to more than 950 families.Your help is critical. Food drives provide the greatest variety and choice for families. JFS relies on food drives for 50% of the food distributed. Your donations go directly to people in our community, regardless of religion. There is no middleman or bureaucratic distribution process.
It’s fun and easy to sponsor a Food Drive at your workplace, school, place of worship or in the community. The possibilities are endless, and we are here to support you with marketing materials, donation barrels and ideas!
For questions or to schedule the delivery or pick up of your donation barrels, contact Jo Hickey, Pantry Director, at 913-327-8257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access printable marketing materials and hunger education information in the Online Toolkit.
Host a “Spread the Love” Drive
Ready to schedule your drive?
Start by filling out an interest form to either host a food drive at your place of business or to host a personal food drive.
Group opportunities are available to sort your donations, take a virtual pantry tour and more. To discuss ideas for your business or organization, email email@example.com
– Consider a Charitable Birthday Party or family event with food replacing gifts.
– Start a community food collection with neighbors or family
– Plan a community service or B’nai Mitzvah Project.
– Plan a scavenger hunt to a local grocery store with food going to the Pan
- Place Food Pantry Barrel or bin in lobby of entry way of business, school or church
- Place Food Pantry Barrel or bin on organizer’s front porch
- Host a Hot Cocoa Stand – similar to lemonade stand – offer hot chocolate as thank you for everyone who brings food item or monetary donation.
- Drop off bag with a note on neighbors’ doorsteps explaining the drive and a indicating a date when you or other volunteer will return to pick up donations.
- Host a Virtual Food Drive by connecting employees or members of your group to JFS’s Food Panty Wish List through Amazon Smile.