Cars equal independence, and hanging up those car keys can feel like the end of an era. Jewish Family Services’ award-winning JET Express program keeps older adults ages 60 and older active and independent. JET Express provides safe and reliable transportation. The program is offered to residents of portions of Jackson County, MO and Johnson County, KS. View service area.
Reliable transportation, door-to-door
- JET Express provides members with safe, door-to-door transportation.
- Uses volunteer drivers to provide one-way and round-trip rides.
- Keeps older adults in our community moving!
“On any given day when 100 things can go wrong, I don’t have to be concerned about Mom getting to treatments because of Jet Express. They take such good care of her and we tried so many other transportation companies before you and they were unreliable and unpredictable. Your service has been a breath of fresh air.” – family of a JET Express rider
Who can ride with JET Express?
- 60 years of age and older
- Without readily available transportation
- Non-wheelchair bound (if they can get into the car and have their wheelchair put into the trunk, that’s acceptable)
How JET Express works
- JET Express rides are $5 each way
- Rides must be scheduled 5 business days in advance
- We have a 30-mile round trip limit per ride
- We try to provide up to two round trip rides per week
- Rides are available 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Rides can be used for medical appointments, going to the hairdresser, the grocery store, a bridge game – anything helping you enjoy the activities of daily living.
JET Express Plus delivers more
If you or someone you know need same-day transportation, JET Express Plus guarantees a ride with a JFS staff member.
- Provides rides in a comfortable minivan
- Provides rides by a friendly JFS staff member
- Allows you to schedule same-day medical appointments
- Rides are available 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday – Friday and 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays dependent on driver availability
- JET Express Plus rides are $15 each way
To Schedule A Ride:
Call 913-981-8877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No longer in need of your vehicle? Donate it to JFS!
Learn more about vehicle donations or call 913-327-8299.
Jewish Family Services operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you believe you have been discriminated against by JFS you may file a Title VI complaint by completing, signing, and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint Form. More information here.