Cars equal independence, and hanging up those car keys can feel like the end of an era. Other older adults never learned to drive, used public transit or had a partner who took care of the trips. Jewish Family Services’ award-winning JET Express program keeps older adults ages 60+ active and connected to the places and people important to them. JET Express provides safe and reliable transportation for individuals who do not or no longer drive. The program is offered to residents of portions of Jackson County, MO and Johnson County, KS. View service area.
Reliable transportation, door-to-door
- JET Express provides members with safe, door-to-door transportation.
- Relies on volunteer drivers to provide affordable one-way and round-trip rides.
- Keeps older adults in our community moving!
“I don’t worry as much about getting to where I need to be. The drivers have been kind and courteous and friendly. Your office staff is so nice and very helpful and patient.” – 2022 JET Express rider
Who can ride with JET Express?
- 60 years of age and older
- Without readily available transportation
- Non-wheelchair bound (riders using wheelchairs must be able to self-transfer to the car and have their wheelchair put into the trunk)
What rides are available?
JET Express Volunteer Rides
- JET Express volunteer rides are always $5 each way
- Rides must be scheduled at least 5 business days in advance
- We have a 30-mile round trip limit per ride
- We try to provide up to two round trip rides per week based on volunteer availability
- Rides are available 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. everyday based on volunteer availability
- Rides can be used for medical appointments, going to the hairdresser, the grocery store, a bridge game – anything that helps you enjoy the activities of daily living.
JET Express Van Rides
If you or someone you know needs guaranteed transportation, JET Express Van is available to schedule a ride with a JFS staff member.
- Provides rides in a comfortable minivan
- Provides rides by a friendly JFS staff member
- Allows you to schedule appointments that are guaranteed, first come first serve
- Rides are available 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Friday
- JET Express Van rides start at $15 each way
- For riders needing a guaranteed ride and the desire to schedule same-day (up to an hour before), our Lyft and Uber partnership might be for you!
- Riders need to have a mobile phone and be able to meet the driver at the curb.
- No smart phones or apps needed! Our friendly team will monitor your ride to completion
- Request your ride home when you’re ready to go, and a driver will be there within 20-30 minutes!
- Rideshare rides start at $15 each way
Already a client? Schedule Your Ride:
Call 913-981-8877 or email email@example.com.
Not a client yet? Sign up today:
- Fill out an application
- Set up your account with for payment
- Schedule your ride!
No longer in need of your vehicle? Donate it to JFS!
Learn more about vehicle donations or call 913-327-8299.
Jewish Family Services operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you believe you have been discriminated against by JFS you may file a Title VI complaint by completing, signing, and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint Form. More information here.