Thank you to our 120th Anniversary Honorary Families, the Krigel family, the Regnier family, the Sosland family, and the White & Fried families.
Thank you to everyone who celebrated, participated, volunteered, and supported our 120th Celebration! We appreciate your dedication and commitment to JFS and could not do our work without you.
You can view our photo album from the event on our Facebook page.
Learn more about our 120 years of serving our Kansas City Community here!
Presenting Sponsors: The Berkley Family and Linda & Mike Lyon
Event Chairs: Brenda Althouse & Paul Fingersh and Amy & Peter Shapiro
Hall of Fame Co-Chairs: Rachel Krantz & Edward Goldstein
- Why 120? “May you live until 120″ is a traditional Jewish blessing in remembrance of Moses’ long life. Jewish Family Services (JFS) is celebrating the achievement of serving the Kansas City community for 120 years.
- What will the evening be like? We’ll start the evening at 5:30 with a cocktail reception and music by the Jewbie Brothers. Dinner starts at 6:00 and our program will begin at 7:00.
- What should I wear? Our attire is ‘summer cocktail.’ We want our guests to be comfortable and enjoy the evening, so please wear comfortable cocktail attire. No tie required, jackets are optional.
- Do I need a physical ticket? No, you can just provide your name at the check in table. Registering your credit card and phone number in advance will make for a speedier check in process.
- Where will I be able to park? Parking at the Marriott Overland Park is convenient and easy – just look for JFS signage to direct you. There will be ample handicap parking available near the front of the event entrance, and please contact us at email@example.com if you have additional concerns or questions.
- What kind of food will be served? We’re excited to serve delicious hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, pasta, fish, vegetarian/vegan and kosher option by request. A full bar will also be available. If you require a Vaad-certified, Kosher meal then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will there be entertainment? Kansas City’s very own local Jewbie Brothers will share some of their best known songs during our cocktail reception. During dinner our emcee, Nick Haines (host of Kansas City Week in Review) will share memories and reflect on the impact JFS has had in our community.
- Is this a fundraiser? Yes! This event will raise funds to support JFS’s vital services and programming, such as the KesherKC food pantry, social work and community resources, counseling, older adult programs, and Jewish family education events. You will have opportunities to support JFS during our live auction and other donation opportunities. But this is also a celebration for all of YOU. This is a great time to enjoy a fun evening together and honor the 120 years that JFS has been a part of our Kansas City community.
- Will retiring CEO and Executive Director Don Goldman be honored? Yes! We’ll be honoring his nearly 16 years at JFS throughout the evening. Don has been a visionary leader for the agency – spearheading new and creative initiatives, growing the organization’s breadth and depth of services, and maneuvering JFS during the difficult years of the pandemic. We hope you’ll join us to celebrate Don during his last year at JFS before he retires later this year.