A Learn, Laugh & Love program with The Heritage Center
Thursday, February 21
1:00 – 2:00 pm
Jewish Community Campus MAC Room
This engaging presentation includes an overview of:
- Simple forms and interviews to use with family members
- Online genealogical resources
- Tools such as DNA testing
- Genealogy programs for recording and preserving your stories and data
- Helpful informational handouts and forms
Facilitator: Ron Doctor, Ph.d earned his Ph.D. in nuclear engineering in 1967, and became known as Dr. Doctor, thus mirroring his ancestors, who also had a surname that reflected their professions. Near the end of his lengthy career in the energy industry and as a professor, Ron began researching his genealogy. This passion culminated in a lifetime achievement award from the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies.
This program is free, but reservations are requested by calling The Heritage Center reception desk at 913-327-8044.