Career Skills & Connections
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. — Maimonides
Career Skills & Connections (CSC), provides comprehensive job search guidance to professionals in the Kansas City Metro area. Following current best practices, our experienced Professional Career Coaches teach clients to use proven techniques that increase marketability, shorten the job search, and land that next opportunity
Guiding clients toward accountability, structure and commitment.
- Career Coaching: One-on-one support and guidance designed to help clients develop and execute effective career transition strategies to meet their career goals and land their next opportunity.
- Coffee Club: Our weekly Monday Morning Coffee Club meets from 9-11 am in the JCC Board Room. The first hour, led by one of the Career Coaches, includes an educational component on a job search related topic. The remaining time provides an opportunity for networking, the best way to land your next opportunity! Come join this community of job seeking professionals. Business Casual suggested. No RSVP required.
Our full-range of services include:
- Elevator Pitch / 30 Second Commercial
- Strategic Networking
- LinkedIn Optimization and Profile Development
- Resume / Cover Letters
- Interview Preparation – Mock Video & Phone Interviews with feedback
- Salary Negotiation
- Organization, priority and goal setting
- Career Exploration
- Career Management
Fees for coaching services are assessed on a sliding scale based on ability to pay. Payment options and financial assistance are available, so please inquire. CSC is a joint program of Jewish Family Services and Jewish Vocational Service.
To register and meet with a Career Coach, contact us at CSCinfo@jfskc.org or 913-730-1449.