Spiritual Care Volunteers
Healing lives with words of comfort.
This group of dedicated volunteers is integral to the JFS Chaplaincy Program and fulfilling the mitzvah of “bikkur holim” – visiting the sick. Volunteers receive extensive training to work in the healthcare community serving the spiritual needs of Jewish patients in area hospitals and eldercare centers. Volunteers provide connection and support to those who might otherwise be alone or disconnected from the community. A warm and nurturing team enhances your own personal and spiritual growth as a volunteer. For an interview and article with our spiritual care volunteers read this personal experience on our Blog.
- Recommendation from a rabbi or Jewish community leader
- Interview with the Jewish Community Chaplain
- Screening, including background check, drug screen and TB test
- Spiritual Care and HIPAA training
- Three educational gatherings per year
- One-year commitment
Learn more about this enriching program to see if it’s the right fit for you by contacting Volunteer Engagement at (913) 730-1410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.