JFS in collaboration with Kanbe’s Markets
and the Kansas City Hotel Initiative is providing meals from local restaurants to the houseless community the city has moved into hotels. Volunteers are needed to transport meals (about 50 boxed meals) daily with opportunities Monday-Friday to a few of the Downtown hotels.
Pick-ups will be in the mid-late afternoon with a 5-15 minute drive from the restaurant to the hotel. We expect total drive time to be about an hour. If you can help once a week or even once a month for next few weeks, we need you!
- Volunteer responsibilities:
- • Transport meals from restaurant to hotels (this includes loading and unloading meals)
- • Must be able to lift a minimum of 20+ lbs.
- • Ideally have a 4-door vehicle, large sedan or small SUV (or bigger)
- If interested, complete the Application Form, and we will contact you with more details. Thanks!