- Visual materials to promote positive social norming, Progress Not Perfection
- On-site/virtual therapeutic counseling
- Sources of Strength Adult & Youth Training
- Signs of Suicide Access & Training
- Raised with Love & Limits: Behavior Checker
- View the complete list of Youth Health and Wellness Services
History of YouBeYou
Many teens struggle to manage the stresses and pressures in their lives from home, school, and social media. For some, these pressures lead to diminished self-esteem, depression or even suicide.
The goal of “You Be You” is to reach teens with a positive message of self-worth and value, as well as reinforce the idea that one doesn’t need to be perfect. Being yourself is good enough.
Bernstein-Rein Advertising donated creative services to develop a campaign aimed at reaching teens year-round, both in and out of school. “You Be You” incorporates compelling messages and appropriate elements to best reach adolescents. Teen focus groups informed the strategy and young professionals participated in the creative process as well as the development of messages. The teen campaign’s initial sponsor wass Speak Up, a group started by three local families who lost children to suicide. The campaign has since grown into a complete program implemented in Kansas City metro area schools.